Using a laptop is the primary need these days as you have to handle your online tasks. Also, you can manage all your office work here. But using it daily makes it dirty as well. So, you have to take care of its cleanliness along with other essential tasks. The laptop screen catches dust very quickly. Also, it attracts other dirt and debris, especially when the laptop is on. So, you have to keep it clean on regular basics. So, the question is, how to clean your laptop screen gently and nicely?
You will get all your answers in this article because this is my topic of discussion today. Check out different methods of cleaning your laptop screen below!
1. Cleaning the screen with a microfiber cloth
- The first and most comfortable way of cleaning your laptop screen is to use a microfiber cloth. This cloth is exceptionally soft with pale fibers and will be gentle for the screen. So, what you have to do is to:
- Take out the laptop plug and the battery as well.
- Rub the cloth on the screen in a gentle manner with circulatory motion. Cleaning the screen in circulation will let you take off some stubborn stains or dirt particles. Also, make sure to be gentle; otherwise, the screen may damage. Likewise, rubbing hardly will cause pixels to burn on the screen.
- Now, to clean the frame, you will need any ordinary liquid solution. You can also take a spray bottle to use this solution as well.
- Gently clean the frame with a paper towel and make sure you don’t run the screen. That’s because using paper towels will leave scratches on the LCD screen.
Note: Make sure you don’t use any other cloth except microfiber for the LCD screen. That’s because using an old rough shirt, toilet paper, or tissue paper will create scratches. Also, these clothes or papers will leave their debris on the screen instead of cleaning. You can also not use paper for that. However, this will work for the other parts of the laptop but not for the screen.
2. Cleaning the screen with a cleaning solution
Note: You should not use any other cloth for the screen because, this creates scratches. Also, take care that you don’t spray directly on the screen or make the cloth too damp. Otherwise, this will let the water drops pass into the screen from the edges. And that will damage the screen matrix. So, avoid direct contact of liquid with your device.
Things to note down:
1- In case you don’t have a microfiber cloth, take a soft cotton cloth or an eyeglasses cloth. That’s because its stuff is very smooth, and it will create no scratches at all.
2- Never use any spray or any liquid solution directly on the screen. Also, don’t use it on any other part of the laptop.
3- Avoid using any alcohol solution on the screen, especially if it is isopropyl alcohol. If there is an old stain that doesn’t leave the screen; use rubbing alcohol. However, you try to avoid it and manage with some other good quality chemical-free solution. That’s because alcohol is too strong for any glass or electronic product. Suppose you have to use it, damp microfiber cloth with it then. Now rub it on the exact spot. Don’t ever use it on the whole screen. Just rub lightly on that and no matter how old the stain is, it’s gone!
4- You can use any lint-free solution or any suitable glass cleaner if you can’t afford a branded solution. But, the using purpose and technique are the same. Even if you have lenses solutions at home, you can go for it.
Furthermore, avoid using any soap solution or hand wash for this purpose. As I said, you cannot use any chemical at all! Also, don’t use an old toothbrush or any stuff like that for the laptop frame.
So, this is how you can clean your laptop in three different ways with a lot of hacks. Mostly they are budget-friendly, and you can clean your gaming laptops with them. So, you can clean all laptops under 600 or 800 with these hacks. Which of these is your favorite hack of cleaning a computer?